Friday, April 15, 2011

Bikes

We live in a car-dominated society here in America. That's not the case elsewhere, however.

We have as much right to be on the road as you do. So, please share it. Bikes are held by the same traffic laws that cars are. While many bikers do not follow all of these laws, neither do all cars.

While minding my own business riding my bike on the side of the road as I am supposed to- I am constantly beeped at. For what reason? This is my mode of transportation.

One complaint I have is not signaling. It's incredibly dangerous for other cars around you, but also for the bikers beside you! If we are riding on the right side of the road and you turn without signaling- we could VERY easily be killed... just because you didn't feel like turning on your blinker.

Pedestrians crossing the road while you are zooming on your bike is another beef I have, but many many people wait and It's always INCREDIBLY appreciated.

boarder line is- share the road. if you respect me, I'll respect you.

-City of Richmond Biker

No comments:

Post a Comment